Join now - be part of our community!

Finding my model on A7 camera

profile.country.GB.title
Borderer
New

Finding my model on A7 camera

My camera label only says ILCE-7, with no additional model details - is there a way of finding the exact model via the serial number? I bought it in 2019

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Look at the label on the bottom plate of the camera.

If it say “ILCE-7”, finally yes: you have a A7

PS: what model you expect to have?

profile.country.GB.title
Borderer
New

I had indeed looked at the plate on the camera and I knew I had an ILCE-7.

However I was trying to use the connection facility on the Sony 'Creators App', and in the setting up it asks for your model and lists compatible models - the list has ILCE-7RM5, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7M4, ILCE-7CR, and ILCE-7CM2 among other models. There is no basic ILCE-7. I don't know if my camera is actually one of those sub-groups and this is not shown on the label, or whether it's just an earlier version. Hence the question.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

No, for sure you can’t use creators app.

Probably nor the old imagingedgemoblile.

Maybe the oldest playmemories (if you can find it)

profile.country.GB.title
Borderer
New

Playmemories has basically stopped but I have the rather more clunky solution of using Imaging edge to transfer shots to smartphone/PC while using the Camrote app to do remote control.

It would have been nice to have Sony software or app that could actually do both properly but then I did buy a Sony...

Thanks for your replies! 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

You had buy an iconic camera, it has 11 years old, and from 4 years it’s discontinued. So it’s an hard work to find something still compatible with it’s software.

You have to try in old apps (if you find something compatible with today smartphones) or some third party app