Join now - be part of our community!

Setting up not to ring at night

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

Setting up not to ring at night

Just replaced my Xperia XA1 with this Xperia 10 IV. Lovely phone but had trouble setting up as I am very elderly and it is slightly different to my old model.

On the XA1 I managed to set it up so that between 10.15pm and 6.15 am I would be able to hear any phone calls but not gmails and texts or notifications.

It is differnt on this new phone and I have tried everything but it still goes of for gmails etc at night!

Pls help me. Also I can not switch off the phone completely. On my XA1 I just held in the button and a message came up to shutdown - this seems different

Thanks so much

Gordon

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @mogggie 

You are not alone. My wife finds it fiddly trying to turn hers off.

Turning off the 10 IV can be a test at first. You have to hold the middle of the volume buttons down

at the same time as the other button underneath it which will bring up the option to power off.

I think this can be changed in settings but I haven't attempted it yet. 

In settings you can also select what types of notifications you get for apps which allows you to turn off audio notifications.

For example for Gmail go to settings - notifications - app settings - click Gmail - uncheck where it says 'mail' with the audio bell symbol. 

You would have to do that manually for now but perhaps another member may know how to set a timer for it. 

Hope this helps you turn off your phone at least :slight_smile:

Piscie
Community Team

Hey! You can turn off your Xperia 10 IV by pressing the volume+ button and power button at the same time.

Also make sure that Don't Disturb mode isn't turned on, you can find it in (settings-sound-don't disturb-set to off)

Hope this helps! :slight_smile: