Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1V not passing sound to hearing aids

profile.country.GB.title
TheCustomer
Explorer

Xperia 1V not passing sound to hearing aids

I'm struggling to get Xperia 1V to pass call audio and stream music to my hearing aids
(Oticon mini rite)

The phone can do this - I've had it working after a series of pairing/unpairing/repairing. But I can't say what I did to get it working other than turn it on & off several times.
I then lost the ability when I'd connected by USB-C to a different sound output, my car, which was recognised as a headset.
The phone didn't revert to the previous working audio streaming setup after I disconnected from the car.

But it still detects and automatically connects to my hearing aids, and defaults calls to Bluetooth, which I then can't hear.
I've just switched from a Google Pixel, where the sound worked faultlessly, so stock Android 14 doesn't have these issues.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

What can I do to set 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey, did you try restarting your phone? removing all the already paired BT devices?

Also, make sure that your phone's software is up-to-date

profile.country.GB.title
Caveman
New

I'm having a similar issue. I've noticed that with a lot of other Bluetooth devices, whenever they reconnect to Bluetooth they work flawlessly, but with my oticon hearing aids I need to disconnect and reconnect (pair) them via the oticon ON app in order for Bluetooth to work properly; otherwise, they connect to Bluetooth but no sound plays through them. I'm confused as to why this is happening because with all my other android phones my hearing aids work perfectly fine after connecting to Bluetooth, and I never need to pair them with the phone again; if I turn my hearing aids off and on they'll just reconnect to Bluetooth and work the first time.

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hello, @Caveman, you can try to clear the BT application cache data, force stop, and test it in the safe mode as well: How do I enable and exit safe mode, and see if that makes a difference.

profile.country.GB.title
TheCustomer
Explorer

Well at least I'm not alone in having this problem - the only bluetooth device to stream audio is my car. Other bluetooth devices connect, appear to pass audio from the phone to the bluetooth device, but with no sound output.

I don't think Sony want to fix this.

I've today had this reply from their "Support" team:

"With reference to your inquiry regarding your Sony Xperia 1 V, kindly note that since this is a non European unit, so it cannot be sent to our service center. Kindly check with the point of sale for further assistance."

er, um, what?

A) Welcome to the global economy, where people & kit move around
B) What impact has the purchase country on the issue? 
If it were a phone connectivity issue, I could see their point - but is bluetooth not a location agnostic function?

Hey ho... if this persists, I won't be buying Sony for a while.
That's a different brand game console when I come to replace mine.
A different brand projector when I upgrade to a laser device.
& the new phone I'll buy to replace the 1V won't be a Sony