Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 V overheating and short battery

profile.country.GB.title
Angelus
Explorer

Xperia 1 V overheating and short battery

Since upgrading from my trusted Xperia 1 iii to the 1V, been finding that overheating has been a major issue, especially using either of the Pro camera/video apps, literally a minute open and the orange temp guage shows on screen, shortly followed by the message it's overheating and to shut off camera app which it automatically does within seconds. This despite being in a cool room and not overusing the apps. 

While running checks, found that despite phone sitting in stamina mode at 89% battery, expected battery time remaining was 4hrs 50 mins, with only light web browsing and checking camera app working, seems to be a major issue for a new top end handset. Contacted mobile company who've said to keep eye on it if I want or just replace handset free of charge. Going to monitor it over next week before making a decision, right now the camera is main reason I purchased the phone, so hopefully it's easily resolved

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Angelus, is that the new phone! Try the below and let me know:

Change the Date to one month later → Restart the phone → Restore the Date setting.
-Follow the steps below: 
-Disable [Automatic date & time]: 
Find and tap [Settings] → [System] → [Date and time] → Tap the switch to the right of the [Automatic date & time] to disable it. 
-Change the date to one month later.
-Restart your Xperia phone:  
Press the [Power button] and the [Volume up button] at the same time. 
In the menu that opens, tap [Restart]. The device restarts automatically. 
Make sure the "Ghost app" icon has disappeared. 
Enable [Automatic date & time]: 
Find and tap [Settings] → [System] → [Date and time] → Tap the switch to the right of the [Automatic date & time] to enable it.
Note: If you're not using [Automatic date & time], manually set the date back to its original date and time. 

profile.country.GB.title
Angelus
Explorer

Screenshot_20230709-183742~2.png

 problem still persisting, can barely have camera app open more than 2 minutes before it shuts off, checked battery temp and whilst still within safe limits, had rose to 41°C from 36°C. Looks like will need to return handset.

profile.country.GB.title
Angelus
Explorer

So update.

Called Sony, got advised to return handset, so got in touch with EE, they sent out a new handset and returned the original.

Since then, the new handset is still plagued with the overheating issues especially while using camera or video Pro, where it'll shut app off till it cools down, main issue now is handset is very laggy, especially when it's opening apps, camera takes around 30 seconds to activate.

Tried a hard reset a few times and battery plummets 10% in the process once it's booted back up. Seriously considering returning handset and switching to another brand, this is a flagship phone with budget performance. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team