Join now - be part of our community!

Since Since installing latest Google update, this is happening?

profile.country.GB.title
1Daniel10
Explorer

Since Since installing latest Google update, this is happening?

Screenshot_20230902-174307.png

6 REPLIES 6
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @1Daniel10

What is your Xperia model? And in which app are you getting this error msg? Have you tried a forced reset? (press and hold power and volume+ at the same time for a few secs until it restarts)

profile.country.GB.title
1Daniel10
Explorer

Thank you very much for your reply. I am using the experia 1v 256 gb phone. Since my question, now when I open the Bravia Core app it just asks me to login using Google and then enter a voucher code? 

Maybe I should have paused mirror attention to the fact that this service was only provided to me for a retail t period? But as we have such a huge amount of ways to communicate, the reverse is true. Just a little text to say it's expired, or would you like to continue using this great feature???  

I really love the phone, but! there are some things that badly let it down. 

Thank you again for your help. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @1Daniel10 

You can check with Bravia core if they can provide you with a code that you can try 

If the app itself is still giving an error message 

You can clear cache and data and force stop the app, then restart the phone and check again 

If the same error remains, try to uninstall updates for the app and check again.

profile.country.GB.title
1Daniel10
Explorer

Thank you for your support. Have tried your subjections but still wants me to log in via Google. Have tried live chat technical support, no joy there either. Noticed that on the app on play store, someone else has the same problem?

profile.country.GB.title
1Daniel10
Explorer

Spoke to Sony, and the problem has been fixed! Yippee... Apparently what happens is that you get a screen prompt to login. There are three options: 1 (Google Symbol); 2 Sign Up 3 Login

Number 3 is the one to go for. The next screen you need to use the top option, which again shows Google Account, and when you tap that it asks you to confirm that the email is the same as your Google account (still in the Bravia Core App) on this phone. Tap yes... and the everything open as before on the Home page for the films.

Hope this helps and was reasonably clear? Thank you again for your support.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @1Daniel10 

Good to hear it worked out for you! Thanks for the update.