Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S 'This computer is not recognised as a Sony VAIO comp..'

dobieg
Visitor

VGC-V2S 'This computer is not recognised as a Sony VAIO comp..'

Tried running the 'DVD-GATE' application supplied on my new VGC V2S system, gota dialogue box 'This computer is not recognised as a Sony VAIO colmputer'

I don't know what made me to, but I decided to unload the application from the system & restore from the applications recovery CD which I'd just burned using the Sony utility.

Guess what?

'This computer is not recognised as a Sony VAIO colmputer'

So - not only have I got rid of an application which didn't work, I seem to have no means of recovering the rest of the applications if I ever have to restore the system!

10 REPLIES 10
tivo2004
Visitor

Is there anyone who hasn't had problems either registering their PC..which Sony seems to make an incredibly difficult process..or using the Sony software WITHOUT problem?

Great looking PC but have had problems from day 1.

Very much doubt if I'd buy another.

Can only suggest you try the Sony Support centre..but problems like this tend to simply baffle them..and you can get sent around the houses for days/weeks before they come up with a solution.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Please do not double post or cross post.

dobieg
Visitor

sorry about X-posting, I wasn't sure where the original message should be put, all sorted out thanks to everyones contributions.

I still think the official support/ documentation sucks, but now, at least, I know where I can get help!

if I notice any questions in future which I feel competent to answer, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

kee-lo_

No problem, you're right about the documentation, it's a bit poor.

Welcome to the Club :slight_smile:

bkehrer
Visitor

I had the same Problem on the same Vaio PC model VGC-V2S with DV-Gate Plus. I was so angry, that I removed it completely from the system. Then I used de Vaio Recovery Utility to restore it from the recovery paritition, which is on the harddisk. Then I did a download of the update for DV Gate Plus from www.vaio-link.com and installed it

This also solved the problem with the vaio system information tool, which never showed any data. After the sucessfull Update of DV-Gate Plus it finally shows the data.
:slight_smile:

UKbadboy
Visitor

sorry about X-posting, I wasn't sure where the original message should be put, all sorted out thanks to everyones contributions.

I still think the official support/ documentation sucks, but now, at least, I know where I can get help!

if I notice any questions in future which I feel competent to answer, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

i have same problem now with my comp, n
how did u resolve said matter? any help would be much appreciated!!

UKbadboy
Visitor

to clarify my problem, i cannot access any sony vaio aplications, including system recovery! when i try to i recieve the message, "this computer is not recognised as a sony vaio..." how do i resolve this matter?? any help would be much appreciated!!

kee-lo_

UKBadboy

Go to C:\Utils and install utils.exe

UKbadboy
Visitor

UKBadboy

Go to C:\Utils and install utils.exe

i am an 100% computer novice! so plz bear with me how do i do what u suggested?[:">]