Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Service

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Sony Customer Service

Time and again I read about the poor customer service provided by Sony on this community, it is quite disconcerting :slight_frown: The last time I contacted customer service was over a weekend a couple of years ago which was with regard to an online order. I was suprised to learn that I was speaking to an advisor in Holland. This, apparently, was due to the UK customer service (with regard to orders) being unavailable until Monday to Friday ? This in itself caused a little confusion to the matter when I contacted the UK department on the Monday. This aside the service used to be second to none which further inspired me to continue with Sony products. It was so easy to pick up the phone and speak to an advisor, if technical assistance was required you were transferred there and then and could spend as much time as required to resolve any issues - none of this "case number" and we will get back to you (as it appears maybe) malarkey. Does anyone out there know just what happened in the last few years ? Anyone.....anyone.....anyone

If it ain't broke don't fix it
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As far as I am aware, there are plans to improve the customer service for SonyUK/EU.  However, like everything, plans take time to implement and longer to see if its working.

I understand the frustrations of everyone - it also frustrates others too (ie experts on this forum).

Also, you must bare in mind, the forums to skew the amount of dis-satisfied people, simply because people come here to complain (as its their last avenue), however you rarely get a post on here saying 'Well Done'.  Unfortunately its the nature of forums too (and human nature). 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

A very diplomatic reply Quinnicus - perhaps you are right about the forum, regarding the service I guess there must have been some department sacrifices made in the not too distant past. Not a lot of people aiming to please the needs of the many. If indeed there are improvements planned this lesson should be well learned and importantly, remembered. :pray:

If it ain't broke don't fix it