Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55-210 lens Emount lens

profile.country.GB.title
Rhemsl21

Sony 55-210 lens Emount lens

hi, guys and gals, 

i have my Sony a5000 with kit lens. And I wanted to add a zoom lens. And I would like your honest opinion on Sony 55- 210mm E-mount lens. My camera is an E- mount type. Is my camera compatible with this lens? I need your answers please. Thank you 😉

Rhemsl21

Rhemsl21
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rhemsl21,

I still think the lens information is confusing & Sony should at least add a compatible with listing at the bottom of the specifications pages of lenses to make it easier for people like yourself..:smileyconfused:

Yes the E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS (sel55210) is compatible with your a5000, lens beginning with E are designed for aps-c size sensor cameras such as your a5000, lenses with FE are really for the full frame cameras such as the a7 ILCE-7 series which have a full frame sensor..

Although a few years old now but you may be interested in Best lenses for the Sony A5000: Part II - Best zooms comparisons on the DXO site..

Also if you do a search you will probably be able to find some reviews on the lens & possible some images that owners have uploaded to flicker or similar sites..

profile.country.GB.title
Beauchiefs8

I bought the 55.210 lens new with my A6000 last year, generally not too bad but I wanted better definition so bought the expensive  Sony 70 - 200, so far not sure it's worth nearly £1000 but not that sure about overall sharpness and picture quality from A6000