Join now - be part of our community!

Help Please - A74 new user - Workflow?

profile.country.GB.title
PETERMOO23
New

Help Please - A74 new user - Workflow?

I bought an Alpha 7 IV recently and I love the camera. I need help on suggestions for a complete workflow. My needs and questions are as follows:

I currently use Apple iPhone 15 and latest Mac workstation. I need a good suggestion for workflow which includes download of pics/Vids, editing and above all a reliable database/library for cataloging and subsequent photo management/manipulation/processing and further editing. I am mostly interested in Photography but video also an interest. On A74 I generally shoot in Raw/Jpeg.

I can use Creators App and USB to get images off camera and it works well. But where to download to and manage is the big question.?

I have Apple cloud photo available but I don't want my work being controlled by this.

I currently have Affinity photo 2 which is powerful but has no database/Library or specific link with Sony apps.

I tried to look at Sony Creators App/Cloud Web but I can't see if I can use Affinity to edit and  catalogue or even if high level photo editing is available?? Ideally I would have a one stop shop for all, without great expense as I am a serious amateur only.

I hope someone can help me to go in the right direction please. I will visit the Photo and Video exhibition at NEC so I will certainly visit the Sony stand for advice. The camera and G lens is fantastic. I just want to get the workflow correct first.

Thanks and glad to be part of the community.

Peter (PeterMoo 23) 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Peter, Sony offers a selection of software programs that might suit your needs: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-7-series/ilce-7m4/downloads

Creators' Cloud also has a cloud, you can find more info here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-7-series/ilce-7m4/articles/CCCC99000 

Let me know if this answers your questions.