Join now - be part of our community!

App Error for Admin

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Aquila2015
Explorer

App Error for Admin

I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to resolve a payment issue when purchasing an app for cameras and lenses that cost me many thousands of pounds!!! This involved me calling a premium rate tele no and having one of my many calls being disconnected by Sony support as I was not calling about a PlayStation!! A total of 6 calls. I then find out Sony had blocked my account as I had made to many attempts at purchasing apps which all had failed to go through. The payment methods I used were a MasterCard initially and then decided to give my PayPal account a go to see if it met with more success, unfortunately not. On the last call it was suggested I go to Tesco and buy a prepaid card to purchase an app costing £7.99. Are Sony serious in treating their customers who spent considerable amounts of money on camera equipment having to go and pick up a prepaid card because their system would not accept other genuine payment methods. Absolutely ridiculous and that along with having to contact a PlayStation department to sort out, who incidentally did nothing apart from telling me Sony had blocked my account with no further explanation offered. They also could not locate the case ref. no I received from your camera support team as the numbers did not correspond with those used on their system, namely 14684034. What a farce. 

Epilogue. After all this nonsense I then receive an email from PayPal saying that Sony US had blocked my payment method with no further reason given. I then contacted PayPal who could only say contact Sony for an explanation as to why as they were as confused as I was.

Can someone from Sony offer an explanation, for as matters stand at the moment I am no further forward and have heard not a squeak from you as to what’s going on. :triumph:

I should add having read an earlier and similar post that I can download free apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Aquila2015
Explorer

Downloading Apps with no problems today.

Issue appears to be Sony's payment verification process that needs time to confirm your payment method is valid.

This is understnable.

However, if every internet purchase payment method was subject to their process not a lot of internet transactions would be taking place and that along with with a host of frustrated customers.

As you cannot ***** online to Amazon for example to purchase an alternative product, Sony can call the shots to ensure payment to them is secure.

Anyway I am glad to report my problems are fixed.

Now you see why it is suggested to go and purchase a top up card or gift card from Amazon, Tesco etc. to circumvent this delay if you are in a rush to purchase an app.

If only Sony would make this clear it would save a lot frustration from their customers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aquila2015,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

You mention Sony US have blocked your PayPal account are based in the US??

profile.country.GB.title
Aquila2015
Explorer

Hi,

No I am based in the UK.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Network America LLC has cancelled a Billing Agreement with you.

Description: Sony PSN BA via Web

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement.

If you need to contact Sony Interactive Entertainment Network America LLC directly, please use the following channels:

-----------------------------------
Business information
-----------------------------------

Business: Sony Interactive Entertainment Network America LLC
Contact Email:

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I'm not sure what happened to your post saying you were located in the UK but I suspect that the problem you are having is similar to the problem users have reported in the Play memories app purchase - internal error..

profile.country.GB.title
Aquila2015
Explorer

Hi,

What I posted earlier and appears to have disappeared !

I am based in the UK.

Here is the contents of the email I received from PayPal. Name etc removed for security.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Network America LLC has cancelled a Billing Agreement with you.

Description: Sony PSN BA via Web

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement.

If you need to contact Sony Interactive Entertainment Network America LLC directly, please use the following channels:

profile.country.GB.title
Aquila2015
Explorer

Downloading Apps with no problems today.

Issue appears to be Sony's payment verification process that needs time to confirm your payment method is valid.

This is understnable.

However, if every internet purchase payment method was subject to their process not a lot of internet transactions would be taking place and that along with with a host of frustrated customers.

As you cannot ***** online to Amazon for example to purchase an alternative product, Sony can call the shots to ensure payment to them is secure.

Anyway I am glad to report my problems are fixed.

Now you see why it is suggested to go and purchase a top up card or gift card from Amazon, Tesco etc. to circumvent this delay if you are in a rush to purchase an app.

If only Sony would make this clear it would save a lot frustration from their customers.