Join now - be part of our community!

A6000 firmware requests

nex567
New

A6000 firmware requests

I have NEX-5N, NEX6, NEX7, and I love them all, each with it's shortcommings. 

I bought A6000, and after 15000 "test shots" I have the following observations / requests for Firmware Update changes:

- somebody decided at Sony that the sensor in A6000 is noiseless below ISO400, so the noise reduction below ISO400 is too low, resulting in noisier shots at ISO250-400 than at ISO500-1000 - this is true for LOW and Normal High ISO noise reduction levels.

I have seen the same thing with RZ100 / RX100II, but only with Low setting.

It is very anoying, and I pray that somebody will give us a "flatter" noise curve.

- and somebody decided at Sony that the CDAF focus is obtained with the iris wide open, then the iris closes to the selected aperture, this giving a "jump" in the image after the focus confirmation beep and a decreased rate of focussed images in CDAF mode - AF-S and DMF settings, and partially in AF-A setting, due to a kind of focus shift related to iris closing.

So, please, a flatter noise / ISO curve, and CDAF with the closed iris, like with all the other NEX cameras.

With these two changes this camera would really be a good camera.

I am not hoping much from this post, but what can I do.. I try to tell you something, Sony.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
clash-city-rocker

Take it back. The ONLY way Sony will start listening to their customers
sadly.

Gone are the days when Sony cared what their customers wanted.
timojk

I'm a diver and using Sony A6000 with underwater housing. However I cannot disable internal flash in A6000 at manual mode from the menu when using underwater housing. Obviously I cannot push the flash back in while diving. OK, I can shut down the external flash but the internal keeps flashing and causing light effects to a photo + using a battery for nothing.

Disabling the flash from menu at manual mode must be enabled in the next FW version.

Lucidlook
Explorer

I would love to have feature of dual-action button for DMF + Magnifier.

Let's say I assign it to C1 and disable focus on sutter release. In this case:

1. I press and hold C1 -- camera performs pre-focus on initial press and then switches to magnifier for the duration of hold.

2. I perform manual adjustment of the focus while holding C1.

3. I release C1 - Magnifier switches off.

4. I frame the picture and press shutter release.

How does it sound?

i need just one button to switching evf to lcd and back.

switching from menu setting is buy much time.

very not comfortable because this one.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

just thought we should let you know that all of your comments & suggestions do get passed onto the Sony design team but unfortunately we do not receive any feedback..

vladster
New

Hi all,

I see that RX10 II uses the same processor Bionz X, but it allows to capture 4k videos and low quality videos up to 960fps. So why a6000 allows only 60fps 1080p at maximum? I don't see real reason for this, except marketing. And if Sony doesn't want to listen to it's customers, then customers will just return their purchases and turn to another brand.

arkid77
Explorer

Whilst sometimes its true cameras are artificially limited and don't do things they could I think this isn't a very fare example.   The camera probably needs more of a ram buffer to cache slow motion at the same spec as the RX10.  And 4k in this body is clearly difficult to achieve due to the heat issues so the a6300 has likely been redesigned quite a lot to try and handle that over the a6000. RX10 wouldn't have such issues as its a larger body.

You can't always retrospectively complain about things not in a camera just because there is a newer better one out.   It's reality, thats how the industry works, sometimes due to marketing policy but also due to tech advancement.